91 Cherokee 3.5"

Picked up my new Jeep! 91 Cherokee Laredo. 4.0/AW4/NP242 (I think its the

242, it has 2hi,4hi,4hi full, N, 4L). 109,000 miles. Stock gears w/o tow package are 3.55's, right?

I want to run 31x10.5's. Looks like the Rubicon 3.5" super-ride will do what I need. How are the mono-tubes on and off road? Are they worth $250 a set? I had a set of Skyjacker soft-ride Hydro 7000's and was very pleased on my last Cherokee.

With a 3.5" lift, will I need to re-drill the track bar mount? Drop pitman arm? Slip-yoke eliminator?

Thanks,

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Yes, 3.55.

My XJ has Old Man Emu nitros and they still ride great after many miles, but they did cost. Many people say the soft and inexpensive Doetsch Tech

3000 shocks are a better value. Doetsch now makes a slightly more expensive 8000 'prerunner' model if you want something firmer for high-speed fire road pounding. Get bar pin eliminators.

Yes.

No.

Desirable, but not required. I have been running a slip yoke for several years after a 4.5" lift with no vibes and no problems. I recently replaced a burned up u-joint but it was one of the non-greasable ones and it was on the truck when I bought it so crap only knows how old it was:

If you do run a slip yoke, its a good idea to replace the stock one with a long-travel yoke as found on YJs or sold new from RE.

Steve

Steve

Steve- I can get the RE Super-Flex 3.5" kit from offroad toystore for $720.95 (RE price) + 105 for OME shocks. DT3 shocks are free. I'll probably go with the OME's. Sound like a resonable price? Know where I can get a better price?

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Ordered my 3.5" super ride-kit with DT3 shocks. $682.63 from offroadtoystore.com with shipping.

Hope it gets here..

Carl

Reply to
Carl

Cool. Don't forget to share your 'before' and 'after' pics.

Steve

Carl wrote:

Reply to
Steve