91 Cherokee - Steering feels squirrelly

My 91 Cherokee's steering is starting to feel a little squirrelly. It requires lots of corrections while steering. I took it in for tires and asked them to align it. They said the track bar and swaybar links needed replaced before they could align it. I had already planned to pull the front axles this winter and replace the u-joints, inspect/replace the bearings, install new pads and rotors. I plan to correct the steering problems at the same time. I will replace the trackbar and swaybar links. What other steering components on the front and rear end should I look at that could contribute to this condition? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
Gary

A worn tie rod end can make it track strange, so can a worn ball joint..

Worn bushings are the biggest thing though.

Mike

Gary wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Gary did pass the time by typing:

Ball joints Shocks Broken anti sway bar mount

or rotted out track bar links (if you have them)

Lift the front end and try to shake your tires top to bottom and side to side. Worn ball joints and links become real apparent.

Reply to
DougW