91YJ wiper questions

The wiper control knob broke on my 91 YJ. The steel rod that goes through the plastic sleeve snapped off at the switch.

1st, Does anyone know how this rod is connected to the switch? ie. screwed in/ pressure fit etc..? 2nd, If I have to replace both the lever and the switch how much more involved would it be to change the system over to an intermittant type?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Pudljmpr53

The lever on my 88YJ also broke It snapped at the keying slot inside the switch. removing the broken end of the shaft can be done I think you have to turn it 90 degrees for it to come out (Not 100% sure as I didn't do it, but was watching intently) A lot cheaper than for a whole new switch. Back then it was 20 dollars for a new lever or 250 dollars for a new switch.

Pudljmpr53 wrote:

Reply to
FrankW