'93 2.5 YJ mystery plug in engine bay.

Wife' YJ valve cover casket finally gave up the ghost. So while under the hood I found a plug and wire that was just dangling. I looked all over and don't find where it goes. Here's my attempt at describing where and what:

Big hawkin loom above engine on firewall, passenger side above battery. Tiny loom coming out of it with only red & black wire in it. If left to it's own devices, hangs straight down between the engine and the battery, almost to the frame (this is how I found it.). Has one plastic nipple on it, about halfway, to hold it somewhere to some hole. Goes to a typical black plastic weather proof connector with two little red inserts at the terminal. Has a blue seal around the connector. About 15" long. Could damn near reach anywhere in the engine bay.

OT OMG that new Quiznos sub commercial is a bit freaky.

Reply to
Jeepers

If you don't have airconditioning, it may be a line that is supposed to go to the air. Mine has a few of those. Nick

Reply to
Nick N

no ac. could be.

Reply to
Jeepers

battery temp sensor wire maybe???

Reply to
Rokihora

A WHAT!? Never heard of a battery temperature sensor.

Could be that lefthanded jerk-back power supply too! :^)

Reply to
Jeepers

They actually have the suckers in the new Jeeps...

It apparently tell the computer when the battery is charged by the heat it is putting out or something silly like that.

Don't know what the folks that use optima do for charging though, maybe always have a 'really' charged up battery???....

Mike

Jeepers wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain