Liberty ...Recall??

Hello... I purchased a Jeep Liberty (LE) last spring. ...It had a terrible problem with squeeking, and moaning brakes which seemed to take place for the 1st. 500 feet when the vehicle was cold. ...I've had pads and rotors replaced, but this only seems to correct the problem for a few days. ...The dealer said he couldn't duplicate the sound, so I made a recording. ...He decided to keep the vehicle over night, and finally heard it. ....Anyways... I guess I'm not the only Liberty owner who suffers with this problem. The dealer told me last October that a recall or something like this would be coming out early December to address the noisy brakes. ....Has anyone heard of such a recall? ...I've heard nothing, as of yet? Thanks.... Jon

Reply to
Johnny1000

Only recall I'm aware of right now is on the lower control arm ball joints on Libbys built between 1/01 and 10/02. Mine was built in 10/02, but I haven't taken it in to have it checked out yet. As far as brakes I haven't had a problem except I notice that they stick when they get hot. When I accelerate from a dead stop when the vehicle is hot I hear a faint "pop" noise from all four wheels, but it hasn't caused any problems. I have 63K on the original brakes already.

Reply to
D. Rogers

Every recall that has been posted is at the below link.

HarryS

Reply to
attnews

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

We bought my mother-in-law a Liberty and it does the same thing. The dealer couldn't duplicate it, but replaced the rear brakes just the same. Within a week or so, the noise is back. It's so bad the Liberty actually vibrates when it starts making the noise.

Reply to
Ichabod Shagnasti

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Hello Ichabod... I was in yesterday to book for my next service... The Service Manager says he hasn't heard anything yet on the brake noise. ..Funny...They sure don't waste any time getting a letter out to remind you of your next service requirement. I've already received two such letters from them, even though I'm not even due for another 500 miles. ..Do what I did.. Get a taperecorder and dangle the mike by the wheel. ..On the recording, my brakes sound like those on a Mack truck when I went to stop after doing a few circles around my house. ...I haven't heard the noise lately, perhaps because the ground has been so wet, but my ABS did quit working yesterday for a few hours. ...I know the noise will be back, come spring. ....Jon

Reply to
Johnny1000

LOL! Hadn't thought about it like that!

Reply to