'93 GCL 5.2 tranny mount

The problem being that I haven't been able to find one. One parts store has one for a '93-'98 Grand Cherokee 5.2L but it doesn't match up to mine. Mine is bent up at a slight angle on the flat part and the bolt holes are closer together. Two other places can't even find a part number. According to the info Chrysler just sent me I have the 46RH tranny and I already know about the NP249. What do you think, a dealer part? Any other suggestions?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

93 production year made a lot of changes, including the Renault Tranny. What you will probably need to do is crawl up under there and feel for the stamped part number on the mount. Look on the buttress that holds the center of the mount to the ears. One of them should have a part number stamped into it.
Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

L.W. ("ßill") Hughes III did pass the time by typing:

There are none. The only place to get the mounts is from a dealer. :/ At least buymopar.com and chryslerpartsdirect.com have lower than local ripoff pricing. Those mounts are seriously stout. I kept the old ones and might just try to find replacement poly bushings to fit.

Reply to
DougW

I'm not sure... Mine has a plate ontop of it like the incorrect mount, but it may be removeable from the isolator portion for all I know. I'd hate to pull it out without a replacement on hand.

I saw a pic of Jeepforum.com last night of a guy's '94 in the middle of a

249-242 swap with what looked like the same mount. I'll try to find the link.
Reply to
SBlackfoot

According to the specs sent to me from Chrysler I have the 46RH. Of course, it also says that I have a rack and pinion steering setup so who knows.

Reply to
SBlackfoot