93 Grand Cherokee

Test drove the bosses 93 ZJ today.It has a 318 under the hood with

1860000 on it. It has the Quad trax transfer case. I think thats what its called .Alway's in 4 high but does have 4 low.Any way I've never drivin one till today and when you turn sharp there is a strange clicking sound comeing frm the front end. He said it's normal and a guy from who has the same ZJ said his makes the same sound. Well I've owned 4 Jeeps a CJ,YJ,TJ and an old pickup . And have never heard this noise before. Just woundering if any one here has one and what goes wrong with them. Thanks.Mike 46 Willy's 50 Willy's pickup 87 YJ

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers

^? :) Does he ever get out of the Jeep?

Quadratrack is a full-time case. Both hi and lo can be used on dry pavement. That clicking noise is _not_ normal and most likely a dead or almost there CV joint. Just turn the wheels and check to see if the CV boot has a nice smile.

DougW

CV joint. Very common. Also check the viscous coupler in the transfer case, another very common issue with the NP249. Clicking is CV joint, tire scrubbing is transfer case..

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Thanks for the help. Stoped at and talked to a buddy of mine who has a shop here in town. He said the same thing. I'm going to have him give it a look over to see if i missed any thing.

Later Mike

Reply to
Mike chambers