95 GC Shocks

How does one remove/replace the driver side front shock on a 95 GC (Ltd,

4WD, I6 engine) with all the brake master cylinder and ABS stuff impeding access to the top stud?
Reply to
Steve Kraus

With great difficulty. :/

I pulled the airbox which gave me better access to the tower from under where the ABS system mounts.

If I have to do it again I'm paying someone.

Reply to
DougW

Buy your shocks at the nearest FourWheelParts shop. Let them crawl up under there for far less than what you'd have to pay me to try it.

A California SF Bay area dealer offered to install them for about $60 which is higher than FWP, but still cheaper than knuckle splints.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I did my shocks a while back with the lift on my '93. Access was tricky and a bit of a PITA, but not huge issue at all.

Reply to
SBlackfoot