95 Wrangler; Sealing a hardtop

My son's 95 Wrangler hardtop leaks air badly with lots of wind noise and with below zero temps it's a bit drafty and cold. I can see daylight in the front corners over between the windshield frame and door frame and I'm sure it's leaking elsewhere. Where and what kind of weather stripping or seals should this have? Right now there's nothing; the hard top is just sitting directly on the windshield frame. Thanks. Greg

Reply to
Greg

Have sence,patience,and self-restrain,and no mischief will come.

Reply to
mctiger

"See daylight"! That doesn't sound like it's fitting correctly. My CJ has the original top without any weather stripping and it's fine. I don't recall on the YJ but the CJ windshield tilt can be adjusted to improve the fit. Is this YJ modified (body lift, etc)? Ever been wrecked?

-- JimG

80' CJ-7 258 CID 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines D44 Rear, Dana 30 Front. SOA 4.56 Gears, LockRight F&R Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries

Reply to
JimG

Are the upper window frames loose? (Like a broken weld that allows them to flex outward and not seal tight against the frame on the top? If so I can tell you about a quick and cheap fix. Mine were loose and drafty and I fixed them in about 10 minutes each.

Reply to
Jeff Scherb

The window frames don't appear to be loose, but then I have nothing to compare them to. I'll take your repair info if you want to share it; maybe reading thru that will help me decide if it's needed. The daylight I can see, especially on the PAX side is at the corner where the windshield frame starts down and the hardtop curves from front to side (looking from the inside, right above the forward top corner of the window frame). We've since determined that a lot of wind noise is coming from the door seals as well, so they may need replacing. This jeep did have some minor front end damage, and there's a little wrinkling and buckling in the front fenders; possibly things are misaligned enough that the top isn't sealing correctly. There's no weatherstripping under this hardtop; we'll check with a dealer or 4x4 shop for a kit. Thanks for the suggestions. Greg

Reply to
Greg