98 TJ will not start

The other option is SVRT (Self Vulcanizing Rubber Tape) Works like a charm to keep connectors connected and dry. Just remember to put a bit of dilectric grease in the connector before assembly (spark plug grease) it keeps the water out.

Reply to
DougW

This is like the old time knob and tube era house wiring. You made connections with rubber tape to insulate, and friction tape over that for mechanical security. It should work great.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Now you're making me feel old - I still remember that operation ;-)

For those not all that familiar with the process, go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy some "Plumber's Tape". Stretches for a good tight fit, adhesive coated, sets to a water-tight fitting. I use it on cracks in plastic drain pipes and haven't seen a leak yet with it. I have some doubts about using it in an exposed area - I'd bet on it drying out if exposed to the sun but with a good tight wrap of friction tape it ought to work for years.

Never thought about using it under the car - thanks for the idea, Earle.

Reply to
Will Honea

Heh I always called "plumbers tape" that metal tape with all the holes in it.

Reply to
Old Crow

And if you cut and bend it right you could make a whistle. :)

Reply to
DougW

and I thought I had too much time on my hands. :-)

Reply to
Old Crow