98 Wrangler question...

I have a 98 Wrangler that seems to have a bit of an electrical gremlin. I have had all of the instrumentation (Speedo, tach etc.) suddenly go dead, only to start back up again when restarted. This appears to be an on again, off again thing. At this point it seems to be working fine, but now the dash lights have quit. I pulled out the instrument cluster yesterday to find that the assembly basically snaps into two pinned connectors. Is this a trait of the Wrangler, and am I better off to just replace the cluster, or is it possibly a wiring issue to the cluster? I have pulled the fuses & they are O.K. Any insight to this would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Reply to
Paul

It's a grounding problem withthe cluster, not a problem with the cluster itself.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)