Re: What is it?

The T-4/T-5 bell housing is the wrong one for a T-18 swap. You need a T-150 or T-176 bell housing.

-Andy W

I have an opportunity to buy a '80's AMC Eagle with a 258 and a four > speed for $300. The motor has low miles and the car is a driver. I > know the motor would bolt in to a AMC CJ, but does anyone know about > the four speed? Is it a T4 or something? If this is so it may also > give me the right bell housing for a T-18 swap. I have to drive a > little to check the car out and wanted to find out if it's worth the > trip.
Reply to
Andy W

I kind of miss worded that bell housing thing. I really trying to find out what the drive line is. I'm told the things an '82 so I'm hoping T176.

Reply to
cj573cj5

It is either a Borg Warner T4 or a Borg Warner SR4. The T4 has reverse to the right and back, the SR4 has reverse to the left.

cj573cj5 wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks for the link and info from all. Looks like this:

Motor-would be good to keep or sell Bell housing-no good for me Trans-maybe sell to someone how would want it Tcase-junk Rear end-not sure what it is but junk Front end-Dana 30 so might be able to snag the disc brake set up.

If I get him down to $200, I'll get the goods and junk the rest.

Reply to
cj573cj5