AA Fixed Yoke kit on NP231

I have installed an Advance Adpaters fixed yoke kit on the NP231 in my '92 YJ.

In the new tailhousing, there is a threaded hole at the end of the part that the shift rail slides in to. It appears that lubricant will get to that spot. There wasn;t any sort of plug in the box that would fill the hole, nor was there any mention of it in the instructions.

I have seen pictures of the kit on some web sites, but none of them show a threaded hole there. Am I supposed to plug this? If so, where would I get the proper plug?

-Dan

Reply to
Dan

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Thanks for the info Bill. I called Advance Adapters, and they told me that the current version of the kit is supposed to have the threaded hole there, and that there should have been a plug in the box for it.

-Dan

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
Dan

Yep. There was a plug on my JB Conversions fixed yoke kit as well. I think your kit was missing the plug. There's a reason for it...but the reason escapes me for the moment.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo