ABS & brake problem ('91 XJ)

Days ago, I put a post over a strange noise in the dashboard (like a pump). Past week I take my Cherokee to the mechanic and he said me that the ABS pump has a little leak and that (the noise) is what I hear when it charges. It sounds only when I put the brake pedal and sounds every two seconds moro or less. When I asked him what will occur if the leak goes bigger he said me that the brakes didn't work in that case =8O

Anybody knows how much is the repair??? I don't know if I must change the entire pump or only repair it. Is a common problem?? Can I stand that way or I must repair inmediately?? I'm worried because is the car that my wife uses.

Thanks in advance. Alberto.

Reply to
manitou

L.W.(ßill)

"L.W. (ßill) Hughes III" escribió en el mensaje news: snipped-for-privacy@cox.net...

Thanks for the link. I think I'll repair the ABS. It's true that is lifetime warranty??? I'll call here in Spain to know if here is also.

Thanks.

Reply to
manitou