absolutely amazing story

if you have time to read about one man kicking d/c in the nuts, here it is.

its a long read, but very informative. one section pertaining to the 7 slot grille that in reality was a FORD design, reads:

"The Appellate court said: It is inappropriate to treat DaimlerChrysler's limited monopoly -- one that the Trademark office registered only for the radiator grilles on its vehicles -- as though that monopoly extended to other products, in this case a protective grille overlay. That protection was not sought by DaimlerChrysler before the Trademark Office, nor was it registered by that Office, and no reason appears for the judiciary to confer protection for which the Trademark Office has not granted registration."

Reply to
Nathan Collier

And the guy makes nice billet grill inserts for the Wranglers too. I really like mine. I picked them up from that company about 4-5 years ago.

Reply to
jbjeep