Air Bag Light

Hi folks, Been awhile as the Jeep keeps going on with little issue. I have one now though. _Occasionally_ the red light that looks like an airbag over the seat belt turns on. What is this telling me and what should I do about it? I am hoping that perhaps it might be a loose connection. This happens with maybe a flashlight on the passenger seat. Let me know what other clues are needed here. Thanks plenty folks, Tomes

2002 TJ 137K miles
Reply to
Tomes

Just a guess: Does the passenger seat have a butt-detector? Some later version will turn off airbags when there isn't enough weight (like a kid) on the seat and a bouncing weight might make the sensor think there is a fault.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
socks09