air injection plugs

So here I was Sat. morning following a guy going about 45mph on a 55mph road for about 6 miles, and I was in a hurry. Finally got to a section where I could pass him with no oncoming traffic. Downshift from 5 to 4 and power by him, get just about past him and all of a sudden my motor got really loud, almost like the muffler came off, but only from one cylinder. (actually sounded more like an old John Deere tractor) Figured well I still have power, will go ahead and finish the 2 mile trip to my brother-in laws house. Got there the Jeep still loud and kind of popping. Popped the hood and found I had blown out one of the brass plugs that were inserted into the exhaust manifold when the air injection stuff was removed. The thing is about half of the threads on the plug are missing, assuming they are still in the head. So it looks like I need to tap the hole to clean the threads and put a new plug in.

Where can I get one of these plugs?

Should I worry about the 2 miles and then 10 miles I drove home with the plug removed?

Reply to
aGraham

aGraham did pass the time by typing:

Hardware/plumbing store.

Depends on where that hot exhaust gas is pointed. It can melt things quick.

That little probably won't hurt but any leak in the exhaust upstream of your O2 sensor will cause the engine mix to be off.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III