93 Jeep Heater Fan Not Working

I posted this on another site without success. Maybe somebody here?

I'm writing for a friend to hopefully, get some ideas about how to go about finding a solution to his problem.

93 Jeep, not sure of the model (Wagoneer? Town and Country?) 2wd, inline 6, auto transmission.

The heater fan doesn't work and so far in troubleshooting he has found that there is no power to the fan, no power in the wires to the switch, and all the fuses are good.

I guess the question is, where is the logical place to look for a reason for no power getting to the the switch and fan?

If more information is needed to give an educated guess, let me know and I will try to get it for you.

Thanks so much for any help!

BEK

Reply to
BEK

BEK did pass the time by typing:

This might help, it's for a 93 ZJ.

Power runs to the motor, the ground is provided back through the switch so finding no power there is normal for the ZJ.

Could be the motor is shot or the resistor pack has gone. Although usually when the pack goes the only speed you have is high.

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III