Any great 4x4 parts online stores you recommend ?

I just got my Rubi and want to eventually add the cool stuff .. as I become more experienced at Jeepin' I'll think then about the serious offroad gear..

any really great places you go back to over and over again ?

dave

Reply to
dave

Just get Bill to email you his Bookmarks list. You'll be set! Of course, most of them apply to REAL JEEPS, not cheap imitation jips (i.e. Rubis like ours). :) Seriously, he's got quite a collection.

Start with Quadratec.com though, whilst you wait...

dave wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Just get Bill to email you his Bookmarks list. You'll be set! Of course,

Reply to
dave

Man, you are missing out on too much fun!

Go top and door less in a snowstorm! It is cool, no pun intended and the looks you get... LOL!

I ran my CJ7 with just the bikini top and soft doors on for one winter as my daily driver up here in Toronto Canada. Drove it to work too.

Mike

dave wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I was teasing Bill. He often refers to REAL JEEPS meaning older CJs. I was pulling his chain a bit. In my opinion, the Rubi is the best out of the box Jeep ever made.

I live in Texas so the top isn't even ON my Rubi! It's 92 deg. here today. BEEEaUUUUtiful!

Track Loc is different and separate from the lockers. We have the best of both worlds. Lockers lock the axles on both sides of the differential together, thus letting the wheels on both sides drive the Jeep. Trac Loc is a limited slip system that applies traction thru clutches. Only use the lockers and 4wd on offroad terrain. The limited slip is self engaging and is useful on the street as well.

Reply to
twaldron

I plan on doing that this winter LOL!

Thanks for your recent advice. Everyone else too. The ole CJ-7 is getting better by the day.

Hrd

79 CJ-7
Reply to
Hrd

A couple favorites of mine:

The Ox (Oxide) '86 CJ7, 258 I6, 4 spd, 3" Lift, 33x12.5 BFG's '96 XJ PMS '01 ZJ TS

Reply to: Group, or snipped-for-privacy@spleen.acd.net Remove my spleen to reply. (please be gentle) Home page:

stuff:
aint much, but it's mine.

Reply to
Tom Needham

REAL Jeeps don't have windows, or doors, or tops...

Greg

Reply to
GMP News

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)
*sigh*

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:11:41 -0700, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III shared the following:

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
David C. Moller

Bob Supplee for off road stuff. Someone here has his number. He is cool. Also Dora Fang is good for stuff. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill. Anyhow, just call Bob, he will answer and he is patient, calm and pleasant to do business with. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
aGraham

I bought from them too. They have lots of OEM parts from what I recall.

Reply to
Peter Parker

Hi, do you guys know of any website where I can have Jeep parts shipped to an overseas location off the website? I don't have a fax machine at home for faxing orders and I don't want to use the one at work for personal use.

Thanks in advance. TW

Reply to
TW

Im thinking he never will. He is old school I guess. Not progressive and foreward thinking like you Bill :) I bet a nice website would make him some good money, people like him. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Reply to
dave