Anyone have a pic...

...of a TJ with a 4" lift and 31" tires? Looking at getting a lift kit, don't really need new tires yet and was wondering how it would look/feel with my existing 31's. Not sure I can talk the boss into new tires just yet.

Jerry S.

Reply to
Jerry Slaughter

I just ordered the RE 4.5" short arm super flex. Hopefully it will be here by end of week but I somehow doubt it. I have 31's on it now. I will take some pics for you once it is complete if nobody comes through for you before hand.

I did manage to find this a few days ago. Bear in mind it is a 4.5" with 31's.

main page.

and After Pics.

Reply to
ULB

I have a 99 TJ with a 4" lift and 33" tires and would be happy to send a pic. Let me know ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) and I'll shoot a couple to you.

John S.

Jerry Slaughter wrote:

Reply to
silberj

A couple of years ago, I was having tire balance issues and put my factory Rubi wheels/tires back on for some testing (roughly 31s). I took a cellphone pic. The 4.5" RE lift was nice and settled, so you can get an idea of how yours would look. I have some bigger than stock flares on to cover my 35s, however, and it would look better with factory flares.

My opinion is that 32s would look better and 33s would look best, but if I had to keep the 31s, I would NOT hold off on the lift to wait for larger tires. SIDENOTE: Also, keeping your set will allow you to chase any vibes with confidence that your tires are in balance.

Your email address looks good, so I'll attempt to email it to you.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Thinking about a 3" lift this spring and 31's but apparently I dont need a lift to put 31's.. Anyways the guy quoted me $2800 for a Skyjacker 3" suspension lift. I laughed and told him I was looking at

6-8 hundred max. Wow. are lifts really that expensive? Sick.
Reply to
Thoth1126

If you're interested, you can get a 2" lift for about $200. See:

Here's a pic of my '04 TJ with this lift and 31's. While you don't strictly need a lift to run 31's, if you disconnect your anti-sway bars (for better articulation), you'll wish you had a lift.

Daniel Bibbens

Check out this site:

Scroll down to "Driving, Finally"

Or click on the "Body Shots" photo album.

A fellow Jeep enthusiast said they like the look of the suspension showing above the tire. I think my 35x12.5s will look much better!

Paul

in article 343e6$459ae757$454901da$ snipped-for-privacy@KNOLOGY.NET, Jerry Slaughter at snipped-for-privacy@knology.net wrote on 1/2/07 5:15 PM:

Reply to
Paul Nelson

Check out

for pricing. $2800 is ridiculous. Whee are you located?

Carl

Reply to
Carl