audio / sterio stuff

I just ordered a 2004 TJ Sport. I did not order the 7 speaker system because my last one had this option. The speakers are some of the cheapest paper krapp that you can buy from Mexico and I would not pay extra for speakers I will replace anyway. The sub in the 7 speaker system resides in the center console. Who has any info on this? Can I fit an aftermarket powered sub into the console? Is the wiring already there or do I need to access the rear of the radio to hook up wiring? Yeah, I know it is a Jeep, but I like good sound.