New Jeep Options

I'm thinking about a new Jeep and had some questions about options.

I'm looking at dual top, full doors, AC, window tint, sentury key, locking gas cap.

Is the seven speaker worth the extra money?

Anything else that I might consider?

Reply to
arvin

L.W.(ßill)

I guess I should have said a Rubicon. Thanks Bill, you give excellent info.

Reply to
Arvin

I've got the seven speaker system. It's a bunch better than the standard system but that's not saying much.

Reply to
j carter

Had 7 speakers in 1`st TJ. Sub is lame and booms. The front speakers are "plate" speakers, counting as 4. They are rather poor quality. I found an internet site where these "OEM" speakers sell for $3 each. In new 2004 TJ I got standard sterio, replaced the speakers with Infinities bought for previous TJ and mounted an 8" sub in the center console. It took a little work, but was the same cost as upgraded sterio for MUCH BETTER SOUND. For $120 I got a Blaupunkt amp that fit in the console with a Dayton 8" sub ($50). No, it will nt match a $1000 system in a Lexus, but, it blows the Mopar stuff away.

Reply to
islandjeepman

Order a hood lock and throw it on as soon as the Jeep gets home(several dealers out there, got mine from

) In conjunction with a locking gas cap, you'll save yourself some risk.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Unless you think you will never lift your Jeep or add larger tires, I would save all the money you are considering spending for larger tires from the factory.

My 2002 TJ Sport came with tiny little tires and the standard suspension and I added a Teraflex S3T 3" lift, 15 x 10 Alum. wheels and 33 x 12.5 tires. I didn't spend that much extra, but I feel I got a lot of performance for the expenditure.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Bergren

you know.. I would have to say NO.. now that I have it in my rubi.. they put too much of the low to midrange through the woofer speaker and it sounds muddy... all the time...it booms a lot.. I turn the bass ALL the way down and it still booms my fav radio station..(rock) there is no option to balance any of this out other than two sliders for bass and treble. I will eventually tear mine out and replace it with a "good" setup from kraco or something.. I would think even a rock, two sticks and some rattling tin foil would sound better. THIS is the only thing I have to complain about in my rubi.. I bought it gently used at 3500 miles, so the speaker system was already in it. Otherwise, this is the most fun I have every had in any vehicle..

daveZ

Reply to
daveZ

Cruse control comes in handy on those looooong trips. I'm sorry I didn't get one when I got my TJ so I bought the kit & talk about a PIA to install...........

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey

I will second the cruise control option. I did not have it on my old YJ and made darn sure i got it on my TJ. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes

Reply to
twaldron

At my age my comments on the sound system would have to reflect my hearing (poor).

However, I would suggest Cruise Control in conjunction with a Rubicon if you are going off road, get a winch (you have no idea how useful these are for other purposes) and the dual top is "right on" if you are in "snow country".

Also, I just love having both sets of doors, the half doors for summer with the soft top, and the hard doors for winter with the hard top. The Sentry Key would have been on my list if it hadn't already had Electronic Vehicle Security III installed on it.

Key to remember is that the option is "cheapest" when factory installed...if in doubt, order it.

Walt Johnson

1999 TJ KB2UOU
Reply to
Walt & Lynda Johnson

The only problem with the factory hard top is that it is one piece. I am going to Tennessee tomorrow to pick up a new 2 piece hardtop tomorrow for my sons 2002 TJ.

Reply to
Kevin

what brand is the two piece top and how much was it. Let us know how it fits?

Reply to
Intergate

save about $200.00 on freight and they will install at the plant. The top was $1395.00 and I added luggage racks ($175.00), and $60.00 to install.

I was going to order a top from 4wd, or qudratech, but had no way to unload it as the freight lines does not unload, they put it on the tailgate then its up to you to unload.

hardtops-direct.com LaFollette, TN ( about 50 ,miles north of Knoxville, TN.

Reply to
Kevin