AutoZone rant

I think I would of picked up the nearest thing worth that check and walked out, let the cops come, ask the cops how they know it was you, if the cops says he has your check, then say well how could it be steeling then?

Reply to
Greg

nnote

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 21:23:49 -0500, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by "reconair" :

You'd refuse to return the check or provide a receipt? That strikes me as extremely bad business. AAMOF it strikes me as theft.

Reply to
Bob Casanova

On Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:40:46 -0700, the following appeared in rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys, posted by nnote :

The problem is that the idiot kept his check but didn't give him what the check was written to pay for. In most jurisdictions this would be referred to as "theft".

Reply to
Bob Casanova

He DID... that part you ignored about "electronic" was him telling you that they only scan the check through and theirs no need to fill it out. Now why he insisted on keeping the check I have no idea...

Autozone sucks for manifold reasons... they'll suffer the same fate as "track auto" did... a shitty inventory system that they are ALWAYS behind on, unhelpful low paid employees who hate their jobs (most of them any way) is a recipe for going out of business . My local one is ALWAYS out of something I need, on the day I need it. It never fails.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

My experience with Autozone in Colorado has been uniformly positive.

> If the kid had said something UP FRONT before I started writing the check,

Reply to
Earle Horton

Ummm. But didn't you say in the original post that the kid was saying something about "electronics" and that you weren't listening because you were too busy writing the check?

Their not giving your check back when you didn't buy was bad, but I'm none too sure that your failing to bend on your personal under $50/over $50 rule makes much sense either. The store wants your money by ETF because electrons don't turn to rubber as readily as paper does.

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

On the other hand, my experience with the local AutoZone has been uniformly positive. Those parts that they didn't have in stock locally have generally been available the next day -- if I hit them early enough, sometimes the _same_ day.

The only parts snag I recall was the typical one for the GM blower for the CJ upgrade.

[snip]

-- "I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with whips....r" R. H. Draney recalls AFU in the Good Old Days.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Yep... the story does not pan out... why write a check when you have a debit card?

Reply to
JimG

One of my nephews is a very good musician and last Christmas I got him a gift certificate from the Guitar Center. Ever since then I've been getting stuff in the mail from them because I'm one of their preferred customers.

If a guy who can only play the radio and bought ONE $25 gift certificate from them is one of their best customers than they are in REAL trouble!

Jeff DeWitt

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

That's pretty screwed up. Isn't there some antiquated law that says that they HAVE to - I think it has to be in coin or something but I believe there is a law like that. Why not pay it online?

Kate

Reply to
Kate
**POKE**

Reply to
Kate

LOL, that's funny. I wonder what WOULD have happend... I never wanted a pair of matching bracelets that were connected though.

Reply to
Kate

Oh and BE SURE to tell us how it turned out.

Reply to
Kate

Many years ago I worked at the Arlington, TX store when it first opened. The manager there must have just come over from used car sales. I lasted a week there, I couldn't stand it.

Several years later I needed to outfit a home recording studio, and I was dealing with the pro audio manager in the Roseville MI. He was the most knowledgable guy I ever met who worked there, but after a while he left to open a barbecue joint. Never got the same level of service there again.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Wonderful I've got my very own usenet stalker...

Reply to
Simon Juncal

I can beat that, my daughter's cell phone bill got up to $600.00, behind in payment, they cut her off last month, yesterday she got a card from them saying preferred custumer, she can get a free box of chocolates.

Reply to
Greg

You're just jealous, really really jealous, that I used to own a 1960 Chevy pickup with the cab mounts all rusted out and popping out of first gear...

Cheers,

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

How come no one is jealous of my Corvair wagon with no heat or floor that would only go over 55 downhill and leaked 40 weight oil like a sieve?

Reply to
billy ray

Yeah, well, a few years ago, we had to put our cat down. About a month later, we got a nice card from the vet, saying "Thanks for your business, and we hope you'll keep us in mind the next time" sort of message. Thought that was kind of insensitive...

Clint

Reply to
Clint