BAH!

The selector switch knob for the AC system broke. :(

And they don't sell replacements.. just the whole unit. (go figure)

It's junkyard time again for a not so old unbusted part.

Reply to
DougW

Mine broke on my TJ and I fixed it with JB weld. Worked great.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Troy did pass the time by typing:

I'm going to try the same plastic repair epoxy that worked on the headlight and tail lamp lenses. Although waiting and using a new tube of JB weld might not be a bad idea, this epoxy is about a year old. And the mixing plate I use still had some brittle epoxy on it. Yea.. Better play it safe.

Reply to
DougW

LMAO! Billy Ray - am a 40 something momma of three grown chillen... what do YOU think?

(be nice!)

I was googling for bumpers, the site came up and the knobs were there... no bumpers.. but knobs!

Who woulda thunk it!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

KJ.Kate did pass the time by typing:

Yup.

Those are nice knobs (reads other post) :) but they arn't the same bit-o-plastic mine uses. Dug thought the parts bin and found a replacement that will work for now. (came off an old TV)

Reply to
DougW

"DougW" wrote : Those are nice knobs (reads other post) :)

*sigh* been a long time since a fella told me that ......

LOL

Reply to
KJ.Kate

And you are already looking to replace your bumpers.....

Reply to
billy ray

KJ.Kate did pass the time by typing:

:)

Reply to
DougW

Yup! Something that won't crunch when I run over those rotten little kids and wont wrinkle when someone bashes into it with ohhhh lets say.. the side of a mountain....

: > LMAO! : > Billy Ray - am a 40 something momma of three grown chillen... : > what do YOU think? : >

: > (be nice!) : >

: > I was googling for bumpers, the site came up and the knobs were there... : > no bumpers.. but knobs! : >

: > Who woulda thunk it! : >

: > KJK : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Sounds good.

You might also consider a roll of that clear plastic protective film for the side of your Libby. Might keep some of the off-road pinstriping away.

I'm always on the lookout for a nice set of available High Beams

Reply to
billy ray

Does that clear stuff come on and off pretty easily?

See! No matter what your reputation is, you are NOT dead. LOL

: >

: > Yup! : > Something that won't crunch when I run over those rotten little kids : > and wont wrinkle when someone bashes into it with ohhhh lets say.. the : > side : > of a mountain.... : >

: >

: > : > LMAO! : > : > Billy Ray - am a 40 something momma of three grown chillen... : > : > what do YOU think? : > : >

: > : > (be nice!) : > : >

: > : > I was googling for bumpers, the site came up and the knobs were : > there... : > : > no bumpers.. but knobs! : > : >

: > : > Who woulda thunk it! : > : >

: > : > KJK : > : >

: > : >

: > : : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

You heat up the edge with a hairdryer and peal up the edge. After you get enough to grad you can peel it back by hand.

Reply to
billy ray

Looking, finding and utilizing are not all the same thing

Reply to
billy ray

You just need to find the headlight switch.

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Yes, and to do that I need to get out to where they are available.

It would be nice to find a nice older model...

Reply to
billy ray

You may have something there. The older models generally have a lot more mileage, wear and tear on them, but they are more comfortable and require less modification. Not to mention, they are already trail ready.

*grin*

KJK

: >

: > You just need to find the headlight switch. : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

Well that is what I am looking for.

I expect models of that age to have a certain mileage and the requisite bumps and scratches associated therein. I want a model that is broken-in but not abused and has had, at least, the required maintenance.

Reply to
billy ray

KJ.Kate did pass the time by typing:

Ooo more knobs. :)

I like these, the're sh>> KJ.Kate did pass the time by typing:

Reply to
DougW
*laughing* you're OK Billy Ray.. you're ok.

KJK

: > *grin* : >

: > KJK : >

: >