Uhhhhhhhh.... WTF?

Itty bitty tires and someone had a runaway with tubular steel. Daaaaaang... that's custom!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

If I was trying to sell something, I would have a good picture or 5. What are they hiding?

Reply to
Stupendous Man

A Jeep, under all of that ugly junk?

*snikker*

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

yuh ....... now there's a rack good for something like a sack of spuds or a carton of toilet tissues ........ can you imagine trying to place a 200 lb. load UP there sans a forklift ???

There's useless ....... and then there's THAT !!!

Reply to
Rod's news

The folks I know that use roof racks don't load 200 pound objects atop the roof. Generally it is the spare, a tent, cooler, or other bulky but not overly heavy object.

What bothers me is he wants $499 for shipping.

On the other hand I have seen a pickup with so much weight in the bed that I could pick up the front end by pulling up on the bumper

Reply to
billy ray

CORRECT !!!! .... which begs to ask why would design and build a rack that may possibly support another JEEP

He'll be PAYING the shipping on that product soon .... I suspect she ain't a big 'mover' (no pun intended)

Reply to
Rod's news

Well.... that is true. Most of the racks I have seen appear pretty thin wall.... something like metal conduit.

Reply to
billy ray

I would get a helluva lot of stuff up there. Me, wife, and baby...along with

2 dogs (85 lb Lab and 55 lb lab boxer mutt) plus cooler, and all the stuff that the baby needs (wife requirements) for a week. I could use the extra room, and i'm driving an unlimited. Only so much you can put on one of those receiver hitch racks. And there's a lot less room in my wife's sedan to pack the family for a trip.

Worst case scenario...I have a dry spot to sleep on those warm summer nights after the trail.

Reply to
Chad Fraker

I suppose so long as you only drove on a straight line on completely level surfaces, otherwise you would likely turtle with all that junk on top.

200 : > lb. load UP there sans a forklift ??? : >

: > There's useless ....... and then there's THAT !!! : >

: >

: >

: >> Itty bitty tires and someone had a runaway with tubular steel. : >> Daaaaaang... that's custom! : >>

: >> KJK : >>

: >>

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I want to know how he plans to reach the petals if he, the wife, kid and 2 dogs are on the roof.

I would rather sleep inside my WJ during a summer thunderstorm than atop the roof also.

Reply to
billy ray

me too... the Libby has enough room for that too. They even have one of those silly fold out tent attachment thingies for it.

KJK

: >

: > : > There's useless ....... and then there's THAT !!! : > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : >> Itty bitty tires and someone had a runaway with tubular steel. : > : >> Daaaaaang... that's custom! : > : >>

: > : >> KJK : > : >>

: > : >>

: > : >

: > : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

The WJ has 5'8" from where the back seat folds up to the tailgate so if I curl up a bit I will fit..

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
Chad Fraker