Black Diamond = Warn?

When I purchased my used 2000 Wrangler, the previous owner had installed what appears to be a 3 inch suspension lift. The shock absorbers are the Black Diamond brand. On the Black Diamond shocks is a little Warn logo. Is there some connection between the Black Diamond products and the Warn Corporation? I have never seen Warn mentioned with any Black Diamond products or visa versa. What is the deal here?

Reply to
JeePenn

Warn got into the suspension game for a few years, but they later realized that suspension products distracted them from their core business, so they sold the suspension division to get back to concentrating on their core products.

Reply to
CRWLR

Was Black Diamond their brand of shocks? I'm curious, do you have any idea who now owns the suspension division? Many thanks.

Reply to
JeePenn

I don't recall completely, but I want to say that Black Daimond went over to ProComp.

As far as the shocks go, I think they were simply rebranded shocks that come from another manufacturer. I don't think that Warn actually built the shocks at all. Black Diamond included springs as well as shocks.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)