Break Lights

Both break lights do not work. Bulb and fuses have been changed. All other lights work. Help! 2000 Jeep 4x4 sport

Reply to
Rikki

See? I told you if they were broken they were 'break' lights.

tw

Reply to
twaldron

Have you checked your BRAKE switch at the BRAKE pedal?

I need to take a break...

Reply to
Scott in Baltimore

If you didn't know to check the fuse for power, stop before you make it worse, hire a mechanic, and take an auto shop class.

Reply to
Stupendous Man

I have to agree with Stpendous Man. If you dont know how to check fuses or electical, or dont know how to explain in more detail what's wrong...you need to go to an auto mechanic. I thinki t's a muffler fuse, but they can be very complicated to replace.

Reply to
Anthony T

They WERE brake lights, then he BREAK lights, now they're BROKE lights.... ;-)

Reply to
XS11E

Ok, this happened to me once, so i won't be a smart allec and tell you what it may be. I assume you are talking about a wrangler. On my '97 there is a contact on the hinge side of the tailgate door that can can become dirty and not allow the brake lights to work. IT look like two silver buttons about the size of nikels if i remember correctly. I just scraped them with my pocket knife blade and the lights worked again, although a wire brush woul probably work better. Anyway, that is the way the power runs to your rear lights without having to run a wire through the door hinge. Hope that helps, it could be other things though.

Reply to
baltork

In article , wrote: #On Jun 9, 6:34 pm, "Rikki" wrote: #> Both break lights do not work. Bulb and fuses have been changed. All other #> lights work. Help! 2000 Jeep 4x4 spor # # #Ok, this happened to me once, so i won't be a smart allec and tell you #what it may be. I assume you are talking about a wrangler. On my '97 #there is a contact on the hinge side of the tailgate door that can can #become dirty and not allow the brake lights to work. IT look like two #silver buttons about the size of nikels if i remember correctly. I #just scraped them with my pocket knife blade and the lights worked #again, although a wire brush woul probably work better. Anyway, that #is the way the power runs to your rear lights without having to run a #wire through the door hinge. Hope that helps, it could be other things #though.

I think the OP is talking about the right and left side brake lights, not the center brake light.

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong