Broken Bolt

Here is a pic of the broken bolt. Wondering if anyone every ran short a bolt like this.

ufatbastehd

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I know you don't want to hear it.... but you need to get it out and replace it. Looks like about an 8mm. When you put it back together, use a torque wrench and tighten all of them to about 20 ft/lbs.

Also, you should continue the same subject in your 1st thread.

Reply to
JimG

Thanks both. Sorry I dint continue the subject in my first post. That's what I new in my heart but could'nt bear to tell myself after working on this 7 hrs today and the bolt broke when I was torqueing everything up with a torque wrench. I had read 30 lbs but never heard the click not sure if the bolt was FUBAR to begin with as I never really torqued it hard :-(

Well I'm taking off another day tomorrow to work on this and to get it right!

Reply to
ufatbastehd

When you have the housing off inspect it for cracks, if you think it may have over-torqued. Aluminum is not too forgiving for overtorqued bolts.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
RoyJ