buyer better beware...

while shopping around for a jeep for my brother we found this used '03 rubicon at the local jeep stealership.

i would expect something like this at "big don's used car emporium and catering service" but certainly not at a 5 star dealer.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Nathan,

I am curious as to the price they were asking for both the white one and the yellow one setting next to it.

I just purchased a 99 TJ SE wrangler with 27,000 miles on it. Rear axle is dana 35 and has 31" goodyear wrangler tires and a nice set of alloy wheels added later. I paid $9800 for it and felt I came out ok. Underneath, it look very clean and I didn't see any problems. The cloth top is in good shape. No rust, or body damage that I could find.

Larry

Reply to
Larry Greenwood

hi larry, $25,800 for the rubi, not sure on the yellow one. ill check when im down that way again, probably tomorrow.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

An '03 Rubi $25800 used? Even without the botched welding that is ridiculous!

Check out the '04's in Canada

2004 TJ SPORT Sport utility vehicle I-6 OHV $25,265.00 CAN = $18451 US 2004 TJ SAHARA Sport utility vehicle I-6 OHV $29,950.00 CAN = $21873 US 2004 TJ RUBICON Sport utility vehicle I-6 OHV $30,415.00 CAN = $22211 US Source:

-Brian

: > I am curious as to the price they were asking for both the white one and : the : > yellow one setting next to it. : : hi larry, : $25,800 for the rubi, not sure on the yellow one. ill check when im down : that way again, probably tomorrow. : : : -- : Nathan W. Collier :

: : :

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Actually, root canals are quite painless. I just had one.

Quite expensive though.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

Aw, c'mon, Nate! Help 'em out. After all, what did they ever do to you? ;-D

Reply to
TJim

i can only assume there is plenty of negotiating room in that price.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

allow me to rephrase. id rather have a drug-free root canal. :-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Add dual tops to that, GST, Delear Admin fee, price starts to hit $30K really fast..

Reply to
Chris
25.8K for a used rubi??? is that pesos?

Reply to
A.H. MacIntosh aka USERNAME

Do you have any idea what the dealer cost or factory invoice is on a Rubi? I can get the DC supplier deal (1% off factory invoice plau any rebates) I was thinking that if the Rubi was a good deal I might have to upgrade.

Mort

Cherokee-LTD wrote:

Reply to
Mort

You're right... my point was that you can get a new '04 Rubi cheaper in Canada than you can get a used '03 Rubi (with frame damage) in the US.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I didn't know rubis were 2-door wagons.

TJim

hell, i didnt know my rubi sucked until i read it in this newsgroup. ;-)

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

Tell you what, I'll save you the embarrassment of having to list such a sucky 2-door wagon for sale and I'll take it off your hands for $500 cash. Now, you can't shake a stick at an offer like that, can you? ;-P

Reply to
TJim

Reply to
twaldron