Buying a Liberty CRD

Nice rant, but I don't live in Europe.

You still haven't shown that black buildings are from diesel engines.

Nor have you provided a definition of 'coal oil'.

Reply to
RJ

Bill, there were plenty of black buildings around before the motorcar was invented. It's coal and wood burning that made them that way. The old stone buildings don't get cleaned because the patina protects them from further erosion.

Dave Milne, Scotland '91 Grand Wag>

Reply to
Dave Milne

Just so long as you stay on the east coast, with the rest of the people with black lung. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

RJ wrote:

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

You still haven't figured out that blackened buildings didn't come from diesel vehicles?

You still don't know what coal oil is?

Reply to
RJ

Sure, and I've just paid out 2700 quid to get my 4 chimneys rebuilt :-)

The trouble in trying to convince you is that you do have a perfectly valid point. It just isn't the biggest factor in making buildings black :-)

Here's a link.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

aaag ! I didn't blow over the obvious dirty exhaust pipe - I expressly said "you have a perfectly valid point" !! I simply pointed out *it isnt the biggest factor*. that's before I get started on coal fired power stations from whom the environmentalists would like us to buy our "clean" electricity to put in our environmentally friendly lead-acid battery cars.

Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

We have windmills too - they are pretty good actually, and not that expensive, but they look crap as they are so big. I think we are looking at off shore windmills. In Scotland, we can take more advantage of hydro-electric.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)