Canadian Military Trailer

Anyone in the Southwest purchase one of the Canadian military trailers that recently became available?

Reply to
Steve

Where? Where?

Reply to
William Oliveri

Yes, where is the question. I would like to purchase one but would like to look at it before ordering one. Any help?

Reply to
Steve

How do you know they recently became available?

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Actually, they became available at least over a year ago based on the two sources I've found for them. The prices really vary depending on where they're bought. The ones I've seen (pictures and specs only) look very impressive. Heavier duty than the M416 but still with the same physical shape. Best yet, they are new. Where are you located Bill?

Reply to
Steve

Orange County California. Specifically, Tustin/Newport Beach area.

You?

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Almost all Canadian Military Surplus is in "like new - unused" condition... the only thing you have to watch out for is the screen doors on the subs, the piping is somewhat brittle.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

I'm in San Diego. I was up your way yesterday and looked at the M416 for sale on eBay. Piece of junk in my opinion. The seller was far from truthful with me regarding its condion. Let me know if you're interested in the M416 like trailer, we might be able to do better on the overall cost if we work together.

Reply to
Steve

Ahh.... that wasn't nice to our neighbors to the North.

condition...

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

SWEET. How does that hitch work, I'm not familiar with it?

Reply to
Jeepers

You talking about the white one in Irvine which has a reserve around 750.00 or so?

Yeah, I've been interested in the M416 or like for a while. Ever since I saw this one:

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

That's the exact same trailer (Canadian) that I was talking about. Notice the extra sheet metal around the corners, beefier grab bars, interior tie-downs and squared-off top edges? Nice rig! I'm ready for one. Send me a private email and I'll give you my phone number. Maybe we can help each other out.

Yes, the eBay trailer was in Irvine. I think it's the only one now offered on eBay.

Reply to
Steve

I don't know what you're trying to insinuate. The trailers are readily available in at least two locations in the US from surplus retailers and a few others in Canada. The only reason I haven't bought one yet is that I would like to physically look at it before committing to a purchase. Unfortunately, none of the retailers are close to SoCal. That was the reason for my original question, to look at one locally. I remember you when I first started looking for my Jeep. You offered little help then and offer even less now except to inflame this audience. You're no more an American than the fifty dollar Jeep auctions that you make reference to.

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
Jim85CJ

No, I understand that. In the second picture I can see the circle of the hitch around what appears to be a vertical tube with bolts top and bottom.

Reply to
Jeepers

Yeah, this guy sold this one for 1000.00 as I remember. I downloaded all the pics from his site which details all the work and modifications he did to enhance this model. He added a tail gate, etc.

Here's the finished product in use. Note the extensions for the tent support.

The hitch is a lunette eye which works with a pintel hook

I'm guessing this allows for uneven terrain travel.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Cool :^)

Any sources in Texas?

Reply to
Jeepers

Yeah ... you're right. My apologies to everyone on the forum for my off hand remark to Bill Hughes. It was entirely inappropriate.

Reply to
Steve