Carb & Lift Questions

I've got a 1985 CJ7, 150CI 4cyl and I'm wondering two things:

  1. What carbs will work on there? I've got a possible deal on a Holley 4BBL off a 304 '77 CJ7 but I know nothing about carbs. I'm doubting it will fit, but maybe it can be modded? What other options do I have?

  1. I've also got a deal on some 33x12.5" BFG M/T's. However, I really wanted to avoid any lifting if possible (does lifting not wear parts out faster ...like bearings, etc? Maybe I'm wrong?). What are the cheapest (aside from puck-lifts, etc) ways of lifting a few inches to get these tires on and avoid rubbing? I don't know much about lifts either as I've never had to do one and I'm still not sure it's worth it. I originally just wanted 31x9.5" M/T's, but maybe it's less of a deal to lift than I thought.

If it matters ...all I do is mud and a LITTLE bit of street driving. It's not a daily driver and won't be winter driven but it does see pavement in the summer (I'd estimate 5000km pavement and 500km mud trails/holes).

Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

Reply to
griffin