Cat conv...

undetectable

Reply to
Mike Taylor

I want to know how we can tell if we have "minor undetectable rattles" with a cold engine? TJim

undetectable

Reply to
TJim

Hey Gang,

Just thought I'd let you know I replaced my catalytic converter. The inherent honey comb construction was breaking down and being ejected out the tail via the muffler. Some pieces remained however, choking the exhaust and robbing me of power and mileage. I was hoping for a loose heat shield or something but . in the end I've now got a high flow system that is rockin' n ' rollin'!!!

If you're experiencing significant power/mileage loss and minor undetectable rattles with a cold engine, suspect the converter.

I'm 'exhausted', good night!

-- Redge, CDN '92/4.0/5spd/4"/3.07/33's Drop the top and raise the roof !!!

Redge Egder