Changing front axle universals on '93 GC

Recently it appears that one or both of the front universal joints on my '93 GC are starting to go bad (117Kmi). Are they replaceable like a typical universals (press them out or do I need to purchase rebuilt axle stubs?

WB

Reply to
Walt Barie

Walt Barie did pass the time by typing:

U joints or CV? I thought the 93 production run was only CV.

seems downor I'd look.

Reply to
DougW

That was the question I was going to ask him. My '01 WJ GC had CV joints, I wasn;t sure what they'd used on early ZJs.

Reply to
SoK66

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Universals (i.e. cross looking things) My 1993 Grand Cherokee has the Command Track 4WD system. I think the Quadatrack systems did use CVs.

Walt B.

DougW wrote:

Reply to
barie

snipped-for-privacy@city-net.com did pass the time by typing:

That would explain why I have CV joints up front, but the 93 service book only shows front CV, not U joints. I think they made changes later in the production run that year. I know for certain they changed trannies. At any rate the CV and U joint axles are interchangable.

Reply to
DougW

they are replacable old john

Reply to