CJ/TJ door compatibility

What is it about the doors for a TJ that won't fit the CJ/YJs?? Hinge location??

Reply to
Allen

twaldron

The rake of the windshield is greater on the TJ than the CJ/YJ. That is, the TJ's windshield leans back more ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Do you need CJ doors?

Reply to
Ted

"CRWLR" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Actually the rake is the same. There are minor, VERY minor, differences - mostly having to do with the contour around the door vis a vis the windshield, and so on. Also, the doorlatch pins are different.

I had a crack at CJ doors for my 98 TJ and we tried them on...they fit close, SO close. But we couldn't close the doors, and I couldn't take the time to figure why.

The hardtop the same way. Only difference is in the contour at the top of the windshield. I dunno know WHY they made them close, so close, but not interchangealbe

Reply to
Jeepers Creepers!

so you would have to buy a new one.... :)

Reply to
serg

The contour of the top of the windshield has been redesigned a few times to improve airflow. This area is one of the major contributors to noise from the soft-top. They've changed it to both improve the amount of turbulence right at that area and to smooth airflow over the soft-top.

Reply to
Tim Hayes