tj doors

I want to take the doors off my '06 TJ I took the nuts off the hinge pins but it won't lift out of the hinge.....I don't want to rap on it ...any suggestions ... thanks

Reply to
lurk

Swing it back and forth while pulling up on it It will eventually come off. This happens when you don't take it off to often.

lurk wrote:

Reply to
FrankW

thank you

Reply to
lurk

If you have the full size doors be certain you have a good hold, those doors weigh ALOT more than they look. So don't drop it. I almost gave myself a hernia the first time as I didn't know how heavy they really were.

Reply to
ULB

I roll down the window and place my shoulder under the top of the hard door. I then stand, putting the weight of the door on my shoulder while swinging the door back and forth. It should come out. If it's really stuck place some penatrating oil in the hinge.

When you put the door back on, place some chassis or lithium grease in the hinge. That way they come off easier next time.

If you really stuck, maybe knock up with a piece of wood from underneath?

Reply to
Nick Hughes

If you have to tap on it use a sacrifical nut (threaded on a few threads to protect the end of the bolt) Then tap through a hardwood drift (I use the handle of a hammer) If there is still paint on the bolts or the doors haven't been off in a while, it will take quite a bit of work.

Reply to
DougW