conceal door damage?

Hi,

I've got a 94 cherokee 4 door. A while back, I caught the passenger side on a barrier that was sticking into the road as I made a right hand turn, and gouged the sheet metal on both doors. The thing has

140,000 miles on it, and while mechanically sound, I can't see putting $2K into paint and repair, esp. when KBB says the car is only worth about $1500. I am a reasonable mechanic, but don't have any paint or bodywork experience.

Has anyone seen any aftermarket "body-armor" type products that I could bolt over this damage to conceal it? Anyone done something similar with a sheet of diamond plate? Any ideas welcome. I can live with it, but wouldn't mind making it look a bit better.

Thanks.

S.

Reply to
fraserwag

Shop around at the junkyards, especially at the 'pull it yourself' places. A '94 is old enough that the parts should be fairly cheap,

**IF** they still have > Hi,
Reply to
RoyJ

Leave the damage. It's a jeep. Any jeep with damage means it is living a good life where it should; On the trail. You did say it was damaged on the trail right? Well, barrier has to mean tree or massive rock. Looking over that image, yep, she's doing just fine. Care and luck,

ULB

Reply to
ULB

Get different color doors. I had different color half doors on my Jeep for ten years. They look great...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Screw some anodized black "Checker plate" aluminum to the doors and rear quarter panels. Do the rear corners underneath the tail lights as well.

Reply to
Socks

"ULB" wrote

Leave the damage. It's a jeep. Any jeep with damage means it is living a good life where it should; On the trail. You did say it was damaged on the trail right? Well, barrier has to mean tree or massive rock. Looking over that image, yep, she's doing just fine. Care and luck,

ULB

Reply to
Kate