Cracked Plastic Valve Cover

Hey guys, Where's the best place to get a replacement valve cower for an 87YJ I-6cyl. This one has been patched previously and is in real bad shape now.

Thanks Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

RoyJ

I would highly recommend 4wd.com. After much hesitation, I bought an aluminum valve cover for my '92 YJ from them because they were the only ones I could find that said the cover would work on a 91 and up. Everyone else advertised 93 and up, but no one could tell me what was different with the 91 and 92 (this included people at 4WD). After I had everything disassembled and clean, I was preparing to put it together when I realized that the fresh air intake and the ccv hose did not fit the new cover. There were no grommets provided and the holes were to big. I searched all the local parts stores (at least the ones open on Sunday) and could not find a grommet to make it work. I eventually bought a new cork gasket and put the old cover back on. I called 4WD and told them of the situation and asked them to pay for the shipping to return the valve cover, and they did. Excellent customer service. The sad/funny part of the story is that the main reason I was looking for the new cover was because I kept reading in the news groups that the oil leak was typical because of the plastic valve cover, but after I cleaned out all the sludge on the inside and the coat of oil on the outside, I discovered the OEM was aluminum :-( I had tapped it with a screwdriver before starting this mess, but with all the sludge coating the inside it had no metal ring, and besides, everyone kept saying they came with plastic covers. kinda funny. Good luck, Harvey

Reply to
Harvey London

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III