16 Valve GTI

Where would be the best place to look for an early 90's/late 80's 16 valve GTI. My bro had one when I was real young and I loved that thing. I'm willing to pay good money for a close to original in good shape but have no clue where to start.

Reply to
Caddybuff

Good luck finding one in original/good shape. by now they are either old and beat on or highly modified, often with engine transplants.

Might also find some on

in the watercooled group there.

Reply to
Matt B.

*sigh* a friend of mine just sold my old car ('88 GTI) for $500 in Baltimore, it was 100% original except for the stereo and just needed paint (not bad but chalky and impossible to "rub out"), a headliner, and some TLC. I think the main issues with it were nonfunctional A/C and a sloppy shifter. I would have bought it back but I need it like I need a hole in my head. Had a *lot* of new parts on it when I sold it to her 5 yrs. ago too.

Might also want to try the Vortex; I don't really follow it so I don't know if it's been taken over by the "tuners" or not but it used to be a good place to find stuff like that.

nate

Reply to
N8N