curiosity at jeep dealer

There was a big advertisement for a local chrysler dealer, advertising a big tent sale in an outdoor parking lot a few miles from the dealership. The ad said there would be a thousand cars there, prepped and ready for delivery. I went there, and the count was probably closet to a hundred and fifty cars, maybee about fifty being jeeps. While the prices were indeed very low I think, The dealership did not have one liberty sport with the full time four wheel drive.(select track) Is this usual for dealers not to have the full time (select track) on their lot models. To get one, I would have to order it, but the deals would be no where as good . They had really well equipped ltd models going out the door for 21,000 even, which I may be wrong, is a great price, but no abs, or side curtains. I was really looking for the rocky mountain trim edition, with an upgrade to select track, abs, and side curtains. They do not stock rocky mountain or columbia editions. Only regular sports and limiteds. And this is truly a very popular dealership that moves a lot of vehicles, new and used. So, what am I missing here if anything????? I asked about the

05 diesels and they said they would be illegal in new york. You could not even buy it in an adjoining state and then register it in new york. So the diesels out in new york.

Much regards

Reply to
j.lef

twaldron

The tent sales are usually left overs from the last model year. They were probably all the 2004s. What you find this time of year is good deals on models they need to move out to make room for the new models. I've been looking around dealers around my area lately too. All that is left at all of them is yellow Wranglers, and cookie cutter Liberty Sports with automatic and Command-trac. No body wants the yellow Wrangler because of the color. As far as the Liberty Sport, that set up is cheap for the dealer to buy and usually moves pretty well. They order so many, that is usually the left over model. They move through the specialty models (Freedom, Rocky Mountain, Columbia editions) pretty quickly because they don't order as many. I haven't heard what the specailty model will be for 2005 yet. There will be the Sport and Limited of course (refreshed with new front end). And we know the Diesel will be new. And then there will be the Renegade model which is supposed to be alot different than the normal Liberty. And then there will be some specailty model with different paint scheme such as the Freedom or Rocky Mountain edition.

Reply to
Mark12211

Really? Why is that? Yellow is a very popular color in most cars (especially anything at all sporty).

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Reply to