Custom trailer

Im looking to build a custom trailer for my jeep,

i build telescopes, grind my own mirrors and all, and ive got a 12.5 inch mirroe ive just finished,

im looking to build a trailer that looks like the old artilary trailers the war jeep pulled, just for kicks, with my telescope mounted on it, hell i might get another award for it, at this years scope-show, i was wondering if any of you might have any links, or pics of war-jeeps hauling an artilary trailer,

thanks, johnp and my scope-addict web-page,

Dirty Ditch Dawg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

sorry for my miswording bill, i meant one of the big "guns" on wheels,

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

thanks for the link Bill, i worded it wrong, im looking for a pic of one of the "artilary-guns" being towed by a jeep,

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

I posted one over on alt.binaries.pictures.autos.4x4

Mike

Dirty Ditch Dawg wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Thanks, i hope i dont get my jeep and scope that far off the ground,,,, johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Reply to
Tom P

- probably a fewartillery pieces somewhere there.... Surely someone will post a link to that famous video showing early Willys leaping into the air with all sorts of trailers attached. And crazed GIs driving with no seat belts.

I STRONGLY suggest you use a soft riding axle like a Dexter Torflex, or you will beat your telescope to death. You won't win any prize if the tube crumples or the mirror breaks.

John

Reply to
John Davies

John, the primary 12.5" and secondary 3.0" mirror gets transported in a padded case, if i build it. alot of us transprt our scopes and tubes in the back of trucks,or trailers, some strapped to the roof of a car, then assembled and colomated,

just thinking of a fun project,

johnp

Reply to
Dirty Ditch Dawg