Dana 30

I may get a Dana 30 out of a 95YJ for my 91 YJ. Can I use the calipers from my 91 on the 95 axle?

Also does the 95 have the larger TJ style axle ujoints?

Reply to
ufatbastehd

'95 is a YJ, so hypothetically it uses the same ujoints and calipers. I don't think they changed those between 91-95. I'm just guessing, though. Go to a parts website, look up the respective parts for the 91 and the

95 and see if the part #s match.

ufatbastehd wrote:

Reply to
The Merg

Not sure about the u-joints but the calipers will work. I just did this same swap on my sons 91 YJ... put in a 95 axle set for the 4.11 gears.

Reply to
JimG

DOH! why did'nt I think of that?

Reply to
ufatbastehd
95 they went to 297 Ujoints, 260 prior to that.
Reply to
Greg

Thanks

Reply to
ufatbastehd

Reply to
RoyJ

I did not have to do that... same hook-up on the vacuum disconnect as the 91 axle.

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
JimG

Reply to
RoyJ

I'm using my existing disco so it should just bolt right up with no wiring BS

Reply to
ufatbastehd