Non C-clip Dana 35 strength

I just found out that my '87 YJ has the non C-clip Dana 35. I have seen, and even contributed a few picts to Bills wall of shame, now I want to know what to expect from my axle.

Aaron

Reply to
aGraham

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Ok, I know it won't fall out(atleast until the bearing dies), but how is the strength? I am currently running 33's and would ike to step up to

35's am I ask> When your axle breaks it won't fall out like the 35c assemble by > Daimler.
Reply to
aGraham

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Bill,

I see huge tires on half ton rear ends all the time. The biggest offenders where I live seem to be thirtyish owners of Chevy pickups. They must not take them off road much. I think this guy's answer depends on the use to which he intends to put his Jeep.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to