Dana 44 - 30 spline axle question

What is different between an open diff Dana 44 - 30 spline axle and a Trac-Lok diff Dana 44 - 30 spline axle? I am interested in purchasing the Powertrax No-Slip traction system for my 2000 Wrangler and I see that they have two different part numbers for open vs. Trac-Lok Dana 44 axles.

Reply to
JeePenn

Why don't you finish one thread before starting a bunch more about the same thing?

Mike

JeePenn wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

There is no difference.

But if I were you, I would go for a Detroit Locker over the No-Slip. I have a No-Slip > What is different between an open diff Dana 44 - 30 spline axle and a

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Mike, I apologize if I violated any group regulations. It is my opinion that my threads are mutually exclusive:

How do you determine if you have a limited slip diff without removing the diff cover? What is different on an open diff Dana 44 axle vs. a limited slip diff Dana 44 axle? Do all 2000 Wrangler factory installed Dana 44 diffs have the limited slip?

Via your help I have determined that 1) I do have the limited slip and

2) all 2000 Wrangler factory equipped Dana 44 diffs did 'not' have limited slips.

So I would say that those threads are indeed finished.

I love you man!

Reply to
JeePenn

Jerry got the other too I think.

I didn't mean to be snappy but some folks seem to start a half dozen threads about the same thing so they end up with really bad advise because they don't always understand the answer or better they don't understand the question sometimes and the threads go sideways.

Mike

JeePenn wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

From a pure durability standpoint I'd have to defer to popular belief that the Detroit is the stronger of the two. I can't speak about the street manners of a Detroit unit but I do have to disagree with your opinion that the No-Slip is so horrible on road. I have them front and rear and for the most part it's been pretty transparent. The only time I can really remember noticing in on the road (in any remotely negative fashion) was when I was towing a loaded trailer uphill and got strong solid shifts. On that occasion I got some mild lurching but nothing I'd consider "dangerous". Not even close.

For the money and ease of installation, and considering I'm not one of those guys that just HAS to get over that obstacle at any cost, I'd say the value is hard to beat.

Reply to
Tom Greening

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III