will dana 35 brakes work with dana 44 axle

i have a dana 44 from an XJ i'm swapping into my TJ that has a d35. the build sheet i got says i have ABS. will the brakes from my d35 work with the d44?

Reply to
kodiakid

Jerry Bransford

Assuming it's your TJ's build sheet that shows ABS, you'll have to disable the ABS unless the donor XJ had ABS, which I doubt. Or you could get tone rings installed on the 44's axles.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

In article , L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote: #be your excuse to remove the dangerous Antilock Brake System:

Why remove the ABS when you can just pull the fuse?

/herb

Reply to
Herb Leong

okay ditching the ABS is not a huge deal for the time being. i can always get it to work later on if i feel i really need it.

moving on, any suggestions on how to get the tj d35 brakes to fit on the xj's d44?

Reply to
kodiakid

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks Jerry! it's just that mr. hughes made a good point. nothing personal to you at all. i guess we'll find out for sure if they work or not when the time comes! i got all my stuff on order and it should be here in a couple of weeks. let you all know how it goes!

thanks for the replies!

Jerry Bransford wrote:

Reply to
kodiakid

Jerry owns an off-road shop IIRC so I imagine he has some real-world experience with this sort of thing.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo