Difference in Quality - After market vs Stewart Warner

What's the difference in Quality between the two?

Thanks,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

L.W.(ßill)

Crap!! I just got boned from 4wd.com for the sending unit. The aftermarket were more expensive than tellico4x4 but I didn't see tellico's before I ordered. Now it's on the way and they charged me tax for an out of state order (they said only for Ohio and California) and 12.00 shipping.

bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Wait a minute. Tellico4x4 charges 17.00 for shipping for a 40.00 order. What's up with this?

Reply to
William Oliveri

Reply to
twaldron

Bill,

As a former and hopefully future racer, as well as an off-roader hopefully soon to be Jeeper, I have had many opportunities to use aftermarket gauges, and by far the best ones out there are Auto Meter. If you do any serious bouncing around in your Jeep when you are off road, consider the liquid filled series.

Chris

I looked at a set of wheel spaces on one site, Shipping, $15.00 to US, $100.00 to Canada, what's up with that?

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
twaldron

If they ship via UPS, there can be a $50 customs processing fee from UPS. I have run into this shipping to Canada.

Chris

William Oliveri vomitted:

Aftermarket, meaning cheap foreign-made knockoff. You get what you pay for. Go for the Steware-Warner.

Reply to
Big Daddy

They charge a flat rate dependent on the amount of the order... On the other hand if you ask them, they will fedex or second day air your order to you for that same rate.

I'm sure their willingness to use the more expensive shipping method depends on the actual cost to ship the order. I hate that one size fits all shipping; but I have to say I'm impressed with their customer service... They just 2nd day aired my order at my request (a load of hardware and stainless bits) so I can get the stuff on my Jeep this weekend. I probably paid about 10 bucks more than actual shipping cost using US mail, and I'm getting the stuff probably a week sooner.

Even with shipping their prices were so much lower than Quadratech (even including shipping) that I'm happy. I couldn't find the stuff anywhere in Virginia so it was mailorder/internet or wait for a local shop to order it. Either way shipping was going to get factored in, whether I saw the number or not.

Reply to
Simon Juncal