Distributor noise?

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

CRWLR did pass the time by typing:

You need one of these.

Remember.. no belt = no water pump or cooling fan. It's easier to touch some soap to the sides of a belt to determine if the belt is rubbing.

Reply to
DougW

It is the distributor. I have had the same noise in my 98TJ 4.0 ((55,000 miles) for the past month or so. It finally reached the occasional screeching stage before I could figure it out. The noise disappeared for several days after I took off the cap and sprayed a smidge of WD-40 down the shaft. Anyway, I am putting in a new Mopar distributor this weekend. This is the first distributor I have had go bad among any of the cars and Jeeps I have owned. The belt related advice is also valid, but rare things do happen..... Regards,

Guri Sandhu

98TJ
Reply to
G.Sandhu