Dual battery how-to

You are a 16 year old KID.

You listen to what your parents say and do as you're told, boy.

And don't start asking people to step outside until you're at least 18, kid.

Reply to
Cal Wheeler

Last time someone said that to me... they wound up on their a$$.

I don't even know who this guy is.. nor do I care to know who he is... but you need to grow up.

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

I will go seconds on that, my son is now 19...

Mike

Jerry Bransford wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Nevermind. I was going to post a response, but I decided... forget it. I'm not going there...

Reply to
TJim

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Just because everyone else seems to be doing it, too, I did the same search on Google. My analysis: curious somewhat immature very busy talkative perhaps overwhelmed not a troll.

I didn't see much that would indicate that Mr. Nelson is anything other than what he says. JMHO

Reply to
TJim

NEWS FLASH You are not too old to be grounded. I have a 17 year old, and she is constantly grounded.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You think you had troubles:

  1. Local sheriff: my sunday school teacher and longtime family friend.
  2. Police chief: dad's hunting buddy
  3. Police Captain: we even named our dog after him
  4. High School Dean of Boys: dad's best friend
  5. County Superintendent of Schools: dad's old girl friend
  6. Principal: church buddy, mom's good friend

Could not get away with *squat*! Went in army early to get some peace.

Approximately 9/12/03 08:15, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Man, Lon! You were *doomed*!! LOL!

Reply to
TJim

Speak for yourself - I knew pretty well everything when I was 16. Amazing how much my parents managed to learn by the time I got to 21 though..

:-)

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > Let's give the guy a break .. we can always ignore him / kill-file him if : he : > kicks off again. : >

: > Dave Milne, Scotland : > '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : > What's wrong with radio shack fuses??? They're clearly marked "For : > : > automotive use" and so I figured they would do the job. Are radio : > : > shack parts inferior or something? : > : : > : The head-slapping begins anew! : > : : > : YES! They're inferior! They SUCK! Radio Shack products are SHIT! : > : : > : >

: > : > The reason I am going to radio shack is because it is within walking : > : > distance (2 blocks) of my house. This is especially important right : > : > now because I am still grounded from using the car due to off-roading : > : > without supervision. (a.k.a. the infamous : > : > stuck-to-the-axles-and-the-winch-won't-help incident.) : > : : > : "GROUNDED"!?! How old ARE you, kid? : > : : >

: >

: :

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

ROTFLMAO!

Ouch, my poor ribs....

Ya, I lived in a small town something like that with my grandparents every summer when I was a kid and teen. It was bad when my grandma who had lived in the town since 1900 would come telling me about some bush party that got popped by the local cops and I was there.... She never mentioned she 'knew' I was there though, she was pretty cool.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

LOL!

Didn't we all eh...

Mike

Dave Milne wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

I have already addressed this. However if you really think I am a troll, the preferred approach for dealing with trolls is to just ignore them, so please try that and we won't have anything to argue about.

Regardless of whether anyone believes this, I really have found the advice of TJim, Mike Romain, and a few other folks to be helpful, and I do appreciate their taking the time to answer me, sometimes in great detail which took a lot of time to type.

I am going to take a little sabbatical from this newsgroup for a couple of weeks now, because I can't seem to resist replying to the taunting despite my best intentions. Even though I have killfiled Cal, I went off on one person other than him this morning and told them "f**k you". Although I haven't seen the responses to that yet (it may not even have posted on the servers yet), I already regret saying it. I'm sure it only annoyed the people I least want to irritate. So I'll take a little cooling off period and come back in a few weeks hopefully everything will calm down.

I need a couple weeks to work on the battery and winch other mods I've already asked about anyway before I have any more questions. :-) Thanks again to those who have provided information.

Reply to
Joshua Nelson

hi johsua, with an attitude like that, youll fit in fine around here. over 3 years ago i pissed off the entire newsgroup in one brief moment of stupidity on my part. after i realized i was in the wrong, took a break, and apologized i was really impressed by the groups reaction. take a break, and come back to kick it with us.

for the record, jeff strickland is one of the most hardcore jeepers you could ever hope to associate with

in fact, his experienceas a jeeper has impressed me so much that i plan on eventually making thetrip to california to run the rubicon trail with him and pete
. i dunno what led up totelling jeff to screw himself, but if you take some time to get to know himi think youll realize how much of an asset he is both to this group, and tojeeping.

if you run into any problems getting your battery/winch setup like you want it, get in touch with me. im right up the road, and always glad to help.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

No need for the sabatical, just chill a bit. You are 16, most of us here are more than double that, some are triple, and a few are quadruple. OK, maybe quadruple is a stretch.

I know that us old farts are not always right, but the years of experience gives us an perspective that you just don't have yet.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You have heard the old addage, hire a teenager while they still know everything.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

?? i thought joshua was in the air force, stationed at seymour johnson?

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier