Engine spitting oil through the oil filter

I just rebuild an old CJ7 85 258 cyl. After 5-6 hours of running on idle I shut the engine for a week.

After a week, I started the jeep and it start empty the engine oil through the filter. I shut the engin, remove, clean and put back the oil filter and restart it again. It blow all the engine oil through the filter again.

What is the issue...

thanks

Dan

Reply to
dafond

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I am a bit confused. Are you talking the oil or air filter?

If the oil filter, you maybe have the old o-ring stuck on there....

If the air filter, the charcoal canister is shot or the PCV line has a kinked elbow. I can run you through some tests if that is it.

Mike

Mike Romain

Are you sure that you got the old filter's gasket off? I did that once with a Ford that had been sitting for more than a few years, never noticed that the old gasket stayed on the block.

daf> I just rebuild an old CJ7 85 258 cyl. After 5-6 hours of running on idle I

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

I just found the problem

In the oil pump, there is a release valve. When the pressure is too high, the oil is drained back in the pan.. The release valve was stuck. the pressure was to high and the only path of least resistance was... the oil filter's o-ring.

Just replaced the pump and.. it's back to normal.

But damed.. what a mess in my driveway!!!.

Thanks to all

Dan

Reply to
dafond