Fan Belt ?'s

Putting a new Alternator and belt on a 90 Cherokee this weekend, and want to bypass the A/C comp. My parts guy said that there was only one listing for belt's regardless of A/C or not. Do the 4.0's use an idler pulley in the compressors place if non A/C? Anyone here bypass the compressor before? Any help would be appreciated,

Dave

Reply to
dcollivier

Idler pulley.

Maybe check out the local wreckers for one.

Mike

dcollivier wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Mike Romain did pass the time by typing:

My ZJ uses a belt rout>>

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
dcollivier

Pull your AC fuse, then your AC compressor magically becomes an idler....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

I bypassed my ac pulley on my 4.0, though its a tj and I haven't seen a cherokee engine but I hear its the same. I'm not using any extra pulleys, just skipped the ac.

I went to napa and asked for a serpentine belt for a 01 tj with no ac, and they gave me the one that was shorter and now it's bypassed, until I can find a good onboard air compressor, I'm still doing my homework on that.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Reply to